Tuesday, January 17, 2012

family of five now





On October 15, 2011 we became a family of FIVE!  We have known Jamaria a long time now......since she was 5 years old.  I met her at Talitha Koum, a child nurturing center in Waco through my Junior League placement in 2007.  When she started school I agreed to co-mentor her with my friend, Becky Lloyd.  For many years we have supported her with her school events and welcomed her into our family on weekends.  In October she needed a safe place to stay a while so we whole-heartedly agreed that she should stay with us!  We don't know how long she gets to stay and it could be permanent.  For now we just enjoy and love on her.  I must admit, it's really fun having a girl in the house!  The boys enjoy her too - they both told her how they've always wanted a sister.  Such sweet boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment